Mon - Fri: 10 AM - 7:00 PM EST
Sat: 10 AM - 5 PM EST
Yes, that's right! You can own your own vineyard (2 vines) in California's coveted Napa Valley for one year. Then have the crushed grapes sent to you so you can make your own Napa wine. This is a spectacular offer at a spectacular price. Quality, Napa-grown grapes sent to your door. Purchase by Sept. 24, 2018 for this year's harvest.
Here's How It Works!
Carneros Della Notte vineyard in Napa valley is leasing their vines for one year. They will send you a certificate of ownership and mark your 2 vines by tagging them with whatever vineyard name you choose. Once the grapes (Pinot Noir) are harvested (in September), you have the option of having them sent to you so your can make your own private estate wine. Carneros Della Notte will contact you about how to do this shortly before the harvest. The crushed grapes will come to you directly from the vineyard in a 5 gallon package, crushed, and ready for fermentation. Just pay shipping.
Here's what you get:
- A vineyard lease for one year (2 vines)
- Certificate of ownership of your Napa vineyard, suitable for framing.
- If you like, the opportunity to come visit your vines anytime. Please call ahead.
- 2 invitations to the estate's Annual Night Harvest Party.
- The option of having the 5 gallons of crushed, Napa-grown, Pinot Noir grapes sent to you.
- And as a bonus, 50% off all Carneros Della Notte wine during the year.
Q Jason G.
Just wondering how did this turn out last year. Was everyone happy with the out come. Also would this be something that can be shipped to Wisconsin. Thank you for getting back to me.
We sold about 50 or 60 sets of vines last year. We did not have a single complaint about the juice quality.
There are a couple of issues that did surprise some though:
1. Once the pulp is pressed out there will only be about 3.5-3.7 gallons of wine left. For this reason some ordered two sets of vines.
2. You do not purchase and wait for the juice. Once the harvest gets close, you will be sent an email asking if you would like the juice shipped to you. (You pay the shipping). It is not assumed you want the juice sent to you. If you do not respond, you will not get the juice. So keep an eye out for the email.
This vineyard did not set this deal up specifically for home winemakers or for E. C. Kraus. It was set up about 5 years ago as kind of a vanity deal for wine enthusiasts, as well. It had been going on for about 5 years before we jumped on board.
Many who purchase the vines from the vineyard through elsewhere simply do so because they get to brag that they own a vineyard in Napa. They are not in it for the juice. They get to brag and they get 50% discounts on the wine sold directly by the vineyard.
Shipping to Wisconsin is not a problem. Last year is was shipped as far as New York. Out of the 50 or 60 units we sold, there were two issues of shipping damage. One was replace the other refunded.
I hope this clears things up for you. Also, would it be okay if I posted your question on our website? I think this would clear things up for others as well.
Mon - Fri: 8 AM - 5:30 PM CST
Sat: 9 AM - 1 PM CST