Mon - Fri: 10 AM - 7:00 PM EST
Sat: 10 AM - 5 PM EST
These 9 strains of craft beer yeast have been isolated, propagated and dried using state of the art manufacturing facilities to give you correct pitching counts, superior shelf stability, and ease of use. They are packaged in 10 gram sachets and are sufficient for making up to 6 gallons of homebrew.
- Bohemian Lager / M84: This is a classic bottom-fermenting, continental lager strain that produces elegant, well balanced beers. Bohemian Lager Yeast is characterized by its dry and clean palate, typical of traditional Czech brewing. This strain confers smooth, subtle yeast characteristics with muted fruit notes, resulting in refreshingly crisp lagers with expressive hop character. While rich and chewy, the beers fermented with this strain will not be sweet, but may have an elusive sweet malt flavor in the aftertaste. Lagering periods as short as 4 weeks may produce acceptable beer, but allowing beer to lager 6-8 weeks will result in beer that is richer, smoother, with a more refined aroma and flavor.
- US West Coast / M44: There has been a demand for a yeast strain which emphasizes the expressive flavors of the unique ingredients used. U.S. West Coast Yeast is a high attenuating, top-fermenting strain that ferments with almost completely neutral attributes across a wide range of wort strengths and temperature ranges. It produces a moderately high acidity which allows the tangy citrus hop aromas to really punch through, while also enhancing toasted and dark malt characters. If you plan to use a lot of expensive flavorful hops as the prominent feature of your beer, use this yeast.
- Liberty Bell Ale / M36: A top fermenting ale yeast suitable for a wide variety of hoppy and distinctive style beers. This strain produces light, delicate fruity esters and helps to develop malt character. Suitable for both English and American Pale Ales, Extra Special Bitters, Golden Ales and more. Good for up to 6 gallons.
- Newcastle Dark Ale / M03: This yeast successfully brings classic cask ale production into the homebrew or craft setting. This is a top-fermentation strain well suited for fermenting British ales, particularly dark and full bodied ales, mild brown ales and Scottish Heavy ales. Selected to not over attenuate, this strain will stop short of the low end gravities exhibited by other yeast strains. Dark fruity esters are pronounced when fermented at the appropriate temperature. Care should be taken to adjust hop bitterness to ensures it suits the ester character and complements the fuller bodied finish.
- Belgian Tripel / M31: Provides a fantastic complex marriage of spice, fruity esters, phenolics and alcohol. It is also very attenuative with a high alcohol tolerance making it perfect for a range of Belgian styles. Suitable for Belgian Tripel and Trappist style beers.
- Bavarian Wheat / M20: A classic top-fermenting yeast suited for brewing a range of German Weizens as well as Belgian Witbier. It has a very low flocculation rate and a clean, “yeasty” aroma which makes it ideal for beers that are traditionally served cloudy. This yeast creates beer with a low to completely dry level of sweetness, medium body with a silky mouth feel, and a delicious banana and spice aroma.
- Cider / M02: Mangrove Jack’s Cider Yeast is a high ester-producing strain, imparting wonderful flavor depth, revealing the full fruit potential of the juice. Ciders fermented using this strain are exceptionally crisp, flavorsome and refreshing in taste. This highly robust yeast has good fructose assimilation and is capable of fermenting under challenging conditions and over a wide temperature range. Mangrove Jack’s Cider Yeast is a highly flocculent strain, suitable for all styles of cider. Trace nutrients have been blended with the yeast in Mangrove Jack’s Cider Yeast sachets for optimum yeast health, fermentation performance and cider quality.
Mon - Fri: 8 AM - 5:30 PM CST
Sat: 9 AM - 1 PM CST