Winemakers Quick Starter
Mon - Fri: 8 AM - 5:30 PM CST
Sat: 9 AM - 1 PM CST
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT: A special mix of 13 different foods and nutrients. Designed specifically for pre-starting any liquid or dried wine yeast. Pre-starting the wine yeast allows the fermentation to start much sooner and at a more accelerated pace. It also allows for a sounder, more thorough fermentation. That means less chance of introducing a contaminant to your wine because of a stalled fermentation. The result is a more stable, cleaner tasting wine that will ferment to its highest alcohol potential.
1. For every 5 to 10 gallons of must, boil 3 level tablespoons of Quick Starter with 1 cup of water in a sauce pan for 5 minutes.
2. Allow the mixture to cool to below 80 degrees F. while covered.
3. Add the cooled mixture into a sterile wine bottle or similar.
4. Pour in the appropriate amount of dried or liquid wine yeast. Place a cotton ball in the neck of the bottle or affix an air-lock.
5. Keep in a warm place, preferably between 72-78 degrees F.
6. The best time to add the starter to your must is just after activity level has peaked. This is usually between 6 to 24 hours for dried yeast and 2 to 4 days for liquid yeast.
EACH 4 OUNCE JAR: is sufficient for making three yeast starters.
INGREDIENTS: Dextrose (CAS 8030-23-7), malt powder, diammonium phosphate (CAS 7783-28-0), soy albumen, citric acid (CAS 77-92-9), gelitinized barley, gelitinized maize, malic acid (CAS 6915-15-7), tartaric acid (CAS 87-69-4), magnisium sulfate (CAS 7487-88-9), thiamin hydrochloride (CAS 67-03-8), ascorbic acid (CAS 50-81-7), tricalcium phosphate (CAS 1306-06-5).