Marchisio: Crusher & Destemmer / Motorized
Mon - Fri: 8 AM - 5:30 PM CST
Sat: 9 AM - 1 PM CST
FREE SHIPPING to the 48 states and available all year round.
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT: [FP180] This motorized Marchisio Crusher & Destemmer is designed to process your grapes for optimum body and flavor. The rollers are set the proper distance apart for crushing the grapes with just the right amount force. The grapes go through the crusher then fall into the destemmer portion where over 90% of the stems are removed automatically. The pulp comes out the bottom and the stems come out the side.
SIMPLE TO USE: The Marchisio Crusher & Destemmer will process 2,200 pounds of grapes per hour. Just dump the whole clusters of grapes into the hopper. There's no adjusting or setting up. All you need to do is attach the hopper to the unit and turn the motor on. Clean-up's a breeze as well. Just hose it down and your done.
HOW THE DESTEMMER WORKS: The grape clusters are sent through the rollers by rotating paddles within the hopper. The crushed clusters then fall into an elongated trough. The trough has perforated holes that allow the pulp to go through but not the stems. Inside the trough is a series of paddles that spin at a high rate of speed. These paddles slap the pulp through the holes, while at the same time, auger the stems out the end of the trough. Both the crusher and de-stemmer operate simultaneously.
WHY CRUSHING AND DESTEMMING IS IMPORTANT: Proper crushing and destemming is an important step to making stellar wines from fresh grapes. Over-crush your grapes and the wine could end up excessively laced with bitter tannins. Under-crush your grapes and you could be wasting flavor. Likewise, failure to sufficiently destem your grapes can also lead to excessive tannins and a bitter outcome.
QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP: The Marchisio Crusher & Destemmer is a professional piece of winemaking equipment. It is manufactured by Marchisio S.p.A. of Italy, a recognized world leader of winery equipment since 1950.
- This crusher & destemmer can handle 2,200 pounds of grapes per hour.
- Very well built. Made of heavy gauge enamel-coated steel.
- It`s total height is 24-1/2".
- It has a large 19-1/2" by 36-1/2" hopper with a smooth, enamel-coated surface.
- The two cross-arms are 46" long for suspending over open containers.
- This unit will also work with the Destemmer Catch Stand.
- The Marchisio Crusher & Destemmer features two oversized, aluminum rollers for minimizing resistance. Each roller is 3-3/4" in diameter and 8-3/4" long.
- This motorized version allows you to spend your time keeping the hopper full and not spending it on hand cranking.
- It also features high-ratio, chain-driven gears.
- Color of this item may vary.
- Made in Italy.
Q Stella (Wheeling, WV)
Does the motorized crusher destemmer require 110 or 220 volts?
It is 110 volts and requires nothing more than standard house current.
Q Chuck (El Paso, TX)
What is the size of the motor on the motorized crusher de-stemmer?
The motorized crusher de-stemmer has a 1 horse power motor with 1700 RPM's.