13 Gallon Variable Capacity Stainless Steel Tank
Mon - Fri: 8 AM - 5:30 PM CST
Sat: 9 AM - 1 PM CST
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT: [STF213] The 13 Gallon Variable Capacity Stainless-Steel Tank can accommodate batch sizes from 1 to 12 gallons. Its lid seals, air-tight against the inside wall of the tank with the aid of a inflatable gasket. Think of it as a food-grade, bicycle inner-tube placed around the outer edge of the lid. Just position the lid to the appropriate height for your batch and then inflate the tube with the hand-pump that is provided. You can put lid as close, or as far away from the liquid`s surface as you like.
DESIGNED FOR FERMENTATIONS: The Variable Capacity Tank can be used for both primary and secondary fermentations and works just as well for beer as it does wine. Its lid is fitted with a dry air-lock that allows gases to escape while keeping the tank sealed air-tight. It comes equipped with a heavy-duty, ball-valve faucet for easily transferring your wine or beer to a second container or for bottling. The faucet can be fitted with our 3/8" Vinyl Siphon Hose.
QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP: The Variable Capacity Tank is a professional piece of winemaking equipment. It is manufactured by Marchisio S.p.A. of Italy, a recognized world leader of winery equipment since 1950. These are the same brand of tanks that are used by professional wineries around the world. The tanks are made of heavy-gauge, 304 stainless steel with a beautiful, polished-marble finish.
- Commercial-Grade Construction. Made of heavy-gauge, 304 Stainless Steel with polished-marble finish.
- Lid can be set to any height to accommodate batches from 1 to 12 gallons.
- Can be used for both primary and secondary fermentations.
- Lid is fitted with high-volume, dry air-lock.
- Has a chrome-plated, ball-valve faucet for easy transferring or bottling.
- Has fill-level markings in liter increments.
- Overall dimensions are 19-1/2" high, 15-3/4" diameter.
- Maximum capacity to the brim is 13.2 gallons.
Price includes free shipping to the 48 states. Shipped immediately from our stock.
Q Bryan (Dobson, NC)
How air tight is this product? I notice it has a faucet, can this be plugged to keep such a small quantity of wine very air tight? I am curious if this product is good for long term storage.
Our stainless steel fermenter is airtight when the gasket on the lid is inflated. As for the faucet, air can only get in when it is turned on. This unit can be used for bulk, long term storage.